Get Alan Mycroft essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Alan Mycroft discussion
. Add Alan Mycroft
to your Like2do.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Alan Mycroft is a professor at the Computer Laboratory, University of Cambridge and a Fellow of Robinson College, Cambridge, where he is also director of studies for computer science.
Mycroft read Mathematics at Cambridge then moved to Edinburgh where he completed his Doctor of Philosophy degree with a thesis on the Abstract interpretation and optimising transformations for applicative programs supervised by Rod Burstall and Robin Milner.
Mycroft's research interests are in Programming Languages, Software Engineering and Algorithms.
With Arthur Norman, he co-created the Norcroft C compiler. He is also a named trustee of the Raspberry Pi Foundation, a charitable organisation whose single-board computer is intended to stimulate the teaching of basic computer science in schools.
Mycroft has four children.
- ^ a b Alan Mycroft publications indexed by Google Scholar
- ^ a b Mycroft, Alan (1982). Abstract interpretation and optimising transformations for applicative programs (PhD thesis). University of Edinburgh. OCLC 10271733.
- ^ Bierman, Gavin Mark (1993). On intuitionistic linear logic (PhD thesis). University of Cambridge. OCLC 855137714.
- ^ Kennedy, Andrew John (1995). Programming languages and dimensions (PhD thesis). University of Cambridge. OCLC 35674839.
- ^ Lawrence, Alan Charles (2007). Optimizing compilation with the Value State Dependence Graph (PDF) (PhD thesis). University of Cambridge. OCLC 890153987.
- ^ Lokhmotov, Anton (2008). Programming and compiling for embedded SIMD architectures (PDF) (PhD thesis). University of Cambridge. OCLC 890154536.
- ^ Orchard, Dominic (2014). Programming contextual computations (PDF) (PhD thesis). University of Cambridge.
- ^ Srinivasan, Siriam (2010). Kilim : a server framework with lightweight actors isolation types zero-copy messaging (PhD thesis). University of Cambridge. OCLC 890149134.
- ^ Srinivasan, S.; Mycroft, A. (2008). "Kilim: Isolation-Typed Actors for Java". ECOOP 2008 - Object-Oriented Programming. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. 5142. p. 104. doi:10.1007/978-3-540-70592-5_6. ISBN 978-3-540-70591-8.
- ^ Alan Mycroft at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- ^ List of publications from Microsoft Academic
- ^ Alan Mycroft at DBLP Bibliography Server
- ^ Alan Mycroft author profile page at the ACM Digital Library
- ^ Alan Mycroft's publications indexed by the Scopus bibliographic database. (subscription required)
- ^ Mycroft, A.; O'Keefe, R. A. (1984). "A polymorphic type system for prolog". Artificial Intelligence. 23 (3): 295. doi:10.1016/0004-3702(84)90017-1.
- ^ Mycroft, A. (1984). "Polymorphic type schemes and recursive definitions". International Symposium on Programming. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. 167. pp. 217-228. doi:10.1007/3-540-12925-1_41. ISBN 978-3-540-12925-7.
- ^ Mycroft, A. (1980). "The theory and practice of transforming call-by-need into call-by-value". International Symposium on Programming. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. 83. pp. 269-281. doi:10.1007/3-540-09981-6_19. ISBN 978-3-540-09981-9.
- ^ Nethercote, N.; Mycroft, A. (2003). "Redux". Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science. 89 (2): 149. doi:10.1016/S1571-0661(04)81047-8.
- ^ Mycroft, Alan; Norman, Arthur C. (1992). "Part I: classical imperative languages". Optimising compilation. Cambridge, UK: University of Cambridge, Computer Laboratory. CiteSeerX 10.1.1.43.9953 . OCLC 29982690.
[...] the 'Norcroft' compiler suite jointly constructed by the authors [...] Commercial interests are referred to Codemist Ltd. [...]
- ^ Bush, Steve (26 May 2011). "In depth: Raspberry Pi, the computer on a stick". Electronics Weekly. Retrieved 2011.
The Raspberry Pi developers and trustees of its Foundation are: David Braben - Founder of games software firm Frontier Developments and co-author of 'Elite'. Jack Lang - Business angel, early Acorn employee, founder of Cambridge start-ups. Pete Lomas - Founder and MD of Norcott Technologies. Robert Mullins - University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory and St. John's College, Cambridge. Alan Mycroft - Professor of Computing in University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory Eben Upton - Engineer at Broadcom Europe, founder of software start-ups, and former director of computer science at St. John's College, Cambridge.