Shop for Jewelry making arts and crafts
. Browse the List of Memorials below. View Videos
or join the discussion
on this topic. Add List of Memorials
to your Like2do.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
List of Memorials
This is a list of noted memorials
- 9/11 Memorial Project - Los Angeles
- Arlington House, The Robert E. Lee Memorial at Arlington National Cemetery in Arlington County, Virginia.
- National Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall
- Cihu Presidential Burial Place located in Cihu in northern Taiwan, is a mausoleum built to temporarily place Chiang Kai-shek's corpse waiting for relocation to mainland China.
- Civil Rights Memorial
- Commando Memorial is a monument in Scotland dedicated to the men of the original British Commando Forces raised during World War II.
- Fallen Astronaut, located on the surface of the Moon, is a memorial to all the astronauts and cosmonauts who perished in the "Space Race" (to that point in time).
- The Founder's Memorial, a memorial in Abu Dhabi dedicated to Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, the first President of the United Arab Emirates.
- Grant's Tomb is a mausoleum with the remains of former U.S. President Ulysses S. Grant located in New York City.
- Great Pyramid of Giza completed in 2570 BC, is the tomb of the 4th dynasty Egyptian Pharaoh Khufu (also known under his Greek name Cheops).
- Gyrowheel Monument at Schönau an der Brend
- Ho Chi Minh's preserved body is in a glass coffin on display in his mausoleum in Hanoi's Ba Dinh Square.
- Tugu Negara war memorial of Malaysia
- India Gate war memorial or the National monument of India in Delhi, India was built in the memory of more than 90,000 Indian soldiers who lost their lives during Afghan Wars and World War I. It is now a memorial to the soldiers who fell in the wars since India's independence, including the 1965 and the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971, the Sino-Indian War of 1962, and those who fell in peacekeeping operations.
- National Taiwan Democracy Memorial Hall (Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall)
- Jatiyo Smriti Soudho in Savar, Bangladesh.
- Jefferson Memorial located on the West Potomac Park, in Washington D.C. is a memorial to American President Thomas Jefferson.
- John Lennon Peace Monument was unveiled in Chavasse Park, Liverpool, England, by Cynthia and Julian Lennon, on October 9th 2010, to celebrate John Lennon's 70th Birthday. The monument is inscribed with the words "Peace on Earth for the Conservation of Life - In Honour of John Lennon 1940 - 1980".
- Kranji War Memorial in Singapore, is the burial ground for over 4,500 allied servicemen who died during World War II, and also commemorates over 25,000 servicemen whose bodies were never recovered.
- Laboe Naval Memorial
- Lenin's Tomb, Moscow, Lenin's embalmed corpse is on display in a climate-controlled glass box. Also home to Joseph Stalin's body, later removed as part of destalinization.
- Lincoln Memorial located on the National Mall in Washington D.C. is a memorial to American President Abraham Lincoln.
- Maiwand Lion located in Reading, in England, and commemorating the Battle of Maiwand.
- Mamayev Kurgan
- Mao Zedong's Mausoleum located at Tiananmen Square in Beijing, China with Mao's corpse embalmed and on permanent display.
- Mausoleum of Yugoslavian Soldiers in Olomouc
- Mémorial de la Déportation commemorates the 200,000 French victims of Nazi concentration camps.
- Memorial of Rebirth in Bucharest, Romania, commemorating the victims of the Romanian Revolution of 1989
- Memorial stone to the victims of fascism at Hitler's birthplace in Braunau am Inn.
- Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe in Berlin was opened in 2005 and commemorates the Jewish victims of the Holocaust perpetrated by Nazi Germany.
- Memorial to the Fallen Heroes (Nay Pyi Taw) in Myanmar
- Monumento Nacional de Santa Cruz del Valle de los Caidos
- Oklahoma City National Memorial
- Ostlandkreuz at Geislingen
- Ostlandkreuz at Schorndorf
- Piskarevskoye Memorial Cemetery in St Petersburg, where the victims of the 900-Day Siege are interred.
- Ruckenkreuz at Blaubeuren
- San Jacinto Monument
- Statue of Hope - Wilson Memorial, Friendship, Indiana
- Strawberry Fields Memorial - dedicated to former Beatle, John Lennon in Central Park, New York City.
- Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall
- Taj Mahal located in Agra in northern India, is a tomb constructed by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his wife Mumtaz Mahal.
- Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Arlington National Cemetery and many others, so named, around the world.
- UFO-Memorial Ängelholm at Ängelholm, Sweden
- USS Arizona Memorial, located at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, The monument memorializes the resting place of 1,102 sailors killed on the USS Arizona during the Attack on Pearl Harbor.
- Voortrekker Monument
- Victoria Memorial (India) is a memorial of Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom, who also carried the title of Empress of India, located in Calcutta, India
- Völkerschlachtdenkmal, Leipzig, Germany, Europe's largest memorial
- Washington Monument is a memorial to the first President of the United States, George Washington
- World Trade Center Memorial
- Yad Kennedy, Israel, is a memorial to John F. Kennedy, President of the United States.
- Yad Vashem, Israel, is Israel's memorial to the holocaust. The section of the Righteous among the Nations specifically remembers non-Jews who risked their lives to save Jews during the Holocaust
- Vietnam Memorial, is a memorial in Washington, D.C, giving the names of all veterans who died in the Vietnam War.
- Wallace Monument, is a monument to commemorate the 13th century Scottish resistance hero, William Wallace, who was eventually executed by the English in 1305.
- Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, is a memorial of Ho Chi Minh, the founder of Vietnam.