The simple guide to managing your personal brand, a vital element of success in the professional world
Personal Branding For Dummies, 2nd Edition, is your guide to creating and maintaining a personal trademark by equating self-impression with other people's perceptions. This updated edition includes new information on expanding your brand through social media, online job boards, and communities, using the tried and true methods that are the foundation of personal branding. Marketing your skills and personality, and showing the rest of the world who you are, gives you a competitive edge. Whether you're looking for your first job, considering changing careers, or just want to be more viable and successful in your current career, this guide provides the step-by-step information you need to develop your personal brand.
Distinguishing yourself from the competition is important in any facet of business, and the rise of personal branding has evolved specifically to help candidates stand out from the global talent pool. Establishing a professional presence with a clear and concise image, reputation, and status is a must, whether you're a new grad or an accomplished executive. Personal marketing has never been more important, and your personal brand should communicate the best you have to offer. Personal Branding For Dummies, 2nd Edition, leads you step by step through the self-branding process.
- Includes information on how to know the "real" you
- Explains how to develop a target market positioning statement
- Helps you make plans for your personal brand communications
- Instructs you with ways to make your mark on your brand environment
The book also discusses continued brand building, demonstrating your brand, and the 10 things that can sink your brand. A personal brand is more than just a business card and a resume. It should be exquisitely crafted to capture exactly the image you wish to project. Personal Branding For Dummies, 2nd Edition provides the information, tips, tricks, and techniques you need to do it right.
- Amazon Sales Rank: #61796 in Books
- Brand: imusti
- Published on: 2014-07-14
- Original language:
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 9.30" h x
.70" w x
- Binding: Paperback
- 360 pages
From the Back Cover
- Distinguish yourself with an authentic personal brand
- Cultivate your on-brand career by charting a roadmap to success
- Build a strong online identity to showcase your brand
- Evaluate and evolve your personal brand over time
Your go-to guide for creating and maintaining a personal trademark
Establishing a professional presence with a clear and concise image, reputation, and status is a must. Whether you’re looking for your first job, considering changing careers, or just want to be more viable and successful in your current endeavors, this guide provides the step-by-step information you need to develop your personal brand.
- The business of you — get to know the authentic you, shape your identity, spot your target audience, and show the world who you are through your personal brand
- Get the word out — communicate your brand online with strategic tips for setting up a website, becoming a blogger, and getting your brand connected on social media
- Make your mark — fashion your image to match your personal brand, create your visual identity, focus on special populations, and build and nurture your network
- Know your niche — find out how to differentiate your brand, craft your personal brand profile, identify your competitors, and write your unique story
- Be smart — stay ahead of the curve and discover 10 easier-than-you-think ways you can unintentionally sink your brand
Open the book and find:
- Why personal branding is important
- How to craft a positive, unique brand image
- Case studies in personal branding success
- Ways to pinpoint your strengths
- How to let your personality shine
- Tips to align yourself with your target market
About the Author
Susan Chritton, M.Ed.,PCC, NCCC, BCC - Executive Career Coach, Master Personal Brand Strategist, and author of Personal Branding for Dummies. She guides professionals looking to engage their authentic self through personal branding by looking within to discover not just what they can do but who they are. Susan draws on her ability to identify each individual's uniqueness and then arrange the variables in his or her life to map out a strategic direction. Clients come to her when they are strengthening their careers inside an organization, are in career transition, or when they need to jump start a new career path. Susan spends her free time with her family, traveling the world, partaking in book clubs, serving her community, and riding her red Vespa. Find out more at susanchritton.com.
Most helpful customer reviews
2 of 3 people found the following review helpful.
By Maria Heslin
Excellent book! Clear language, great strategies and incredibly valuable information for individuals eager to build, communicate and maintain an effective personal brand.
2 of 4 people found the following review helpful.
By Mario Brown
Wonderful book. Simplified and encouraging.
1 of 4 people found the following review helpful.
See all 11 customer reviews...
By V. Owens