Search Leaders & Innovators
Search Business Topics
Search Health Topics
Internet of Things
Get Into Your
Topics of Interest
Sports in the US
Davos 2017 - Press Conference: The Digital Transformation of Industries
Add to List
The World Economic Forum launched the multi-year Digital Transformation of Industries Project in 2015 in partnership with Accenture. The project looks at how digital technologies like machine learning, cloud computing, and the internet of things are changing existing industries and creating entirely new ones. It makes recommendations to incumbents on how they can thrive in the new digital environment.
There are now hundreds of startups attacking traditional markets as a result of the democratization of technology, increased access to funds and a rising entrepreneurial culture. Start-ups are achieving scale far quicker than analogue companies ever did. Average Fortune 500 companies took 20 years to reach a market cap of $1 billion, Google managed it in eight years, and the likes of Uber, Snapchat and Xiaomi in three years or less. 88% of Fortune 500 companies from 1955 â 2015 no longer exist. Digital disruption has been a major driver of this, consequently Fortune 500 companies must use their considerable resources to fight off the attacks of leaner challengers and remain relevant in a digital age.
- Bruce Weinelt, Head of Digital Transformation, World Economic Forum
- Peter Lacy, Global Managing Director, Strategy and Sustainability, Accenture
- Stephanie Linnartz, Global Chief Commercial Officer, Marriott International Inc.
- Jean Philbert Nsengimana, Minister of Youth and Information Communication Technology, Ministry of Youth and Information and Communication Technology of Rwanda
- Alem Tedeneke, Media Specialist, World Economic Forum LLC
Featured Thought Leaders
Bill Nuti - Chairman and CEO of NCR
David Aaker - Marketing and Brand Strategist
Marc Benioff - Founder and CEO of Salesforce
Dr. Gary P. Hamel - Management Expert
Garrett Camp - Co-founder of Uber and StumbleUpon
Danese Cooper - Open Source Diva
Michael Hammer - Founder Business Process Engineering